Compass, December 2016 issue
The December edition of our online monthly publication, Compass, is now available. Compass provides commentary and analysis of recent legislative and regulatory developments affecting pensions and employee benefits.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of Compass.
On the run up to the festive period, it has been a busy time for those working in the industry. Following November’s Autumn Statement, draft clauses of the Finance Bill 2017 have now been published. Accompanying the draft clauses was also the consultation response on salary sacrifice for the provision of benefits in kind and a consultation on how best to tackle pension scams as was promised in the Autumn Statement.
The long-awaited DWP consultation on a new methodology for equalising pensions for the effect of inequalities caused by GMPs in private sector pension schemes has been published. Simultaneously, HMT has issued a separate consultation on indexing and equalising of GMPs for affected members of public service pension schemes
Elsewhere in Compass we look at:
• Proposed automatic enrolment thresholds for 2017/18 and the forthcoming automatic enrolment review.
• Interim findings from the FCA Asset Management Market Review.
• The latest news from the FCA including consultations affecting the retirement income market and the future funding of the FSCS.
• The announcement that record-keeping will be added to the scheme return and the latest on active member GMP reconciliations.
• A round up of other developments.
This month’s articles may be viewed from the list on the left side of this page.
If you have any questions regarding the topics covered, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compass December Issue 2016
The December edition of our online monthly publication, Compass, is now available. Compass provides commentary and analysis of recent legislative and regulatory developments affecting pensions and employee benefits.Read more
Subscribe to our Compass newsletter
If you currently do not receive Compass and wish to receive future issues, please submit your details.Subscribe