Monthly Market Commentary – January 2016
Welcome to our Monthly Market Commentary.
The January issue provides a market review up until 31 December on the following topics:
- Equity: Developed market equities end the month with losses while emerging markets hold steady;
- Credit: Third Avenue Management withdrawal restriction rattles high yield markets;
- Nominal Yields: Gilt yields rise over the month and the yield curve steepens;
- Inflation: CPI inflation returns to positive territory;
- Real Yields: Real Yields curve steepens;
- Comment: The One-Armed Economist?.