Monthly Market Commentary – July 2016
Welcome to our Monthly Market Commentary.
The July issue provides a market review up until 30 June on the following topics:
- Equity: Mixed reactions in global equities to EU referendum result;
- Credit: Spreads widen amid rising risk aversion after the referendum;
- Nominal Yields: Nominal Yields drop dramatically over the month;
- Inflation: Inflation remains at 0.3% but could rise due to Sterling depreciation;
- Real Yields: Real yield curve falls by 50 bps for long maturities;
- Comment: Political risk - are we really living in times of unprecedented political turbulence?