Monthly Market Commentary – July 2017
Welcome to the latest issue of our Monthly Market Commentary.
The July issue provides a market review up until 30 June on the following topics:
- Equity: Equities disappoint over the month;
- Credit: Bank of England completes corporate bond asset purchase programme while emerging market debt enjoys a bumper year;
- Nominal Yields: Gilt curve shifts upwards as Bank of England becomes more likely to tighten;
- Inflation: UK inflation continues on its upwards trend;
- Real Yields: Real yields increase amid rising nominal yields and falling inflation expectations;
- Comment: Equities – sometimes smaller can be bigger.