Monthly Market Commentary – June 2016
Welcome to our Monthly Market Commentary.
The June issue provides a market review up until 31 May on the following topics:
- Equity: Developed market equities recover over the month while emerging markets see previous gains reverse;
- Credit: Spreads continue to rise for all ratings;
- Nominal Yields: Gilt curve falls over the month and flattens even more;
- Inflation: UK CPI inflation keeps picking up albeit at a slower pace;
- Real Yields: Real yield curve shifts down over the month;
- Comment: Active vs. passive management: the needle in the haystack.