Monthly Market Commentary – May 2016
Welcome to our Monthly Market Commentary.
The May issue provides a market review up until 30 April on the following topics:
- Equity: Equity markets are losing steam after March's recovery rally as the global macroeconomic outlook continues to soften;
- Credit: Are rising spreads a sign for a looming economic downturn?;
- Nominal Yields: Gilt curve rises slightly but remains flat;
- Inflation: UK CPI inflation keeps picking up;
- Real Yields: Real yield curve shifts up over the month;
- Comment: The World Economy is ill prepared for the next recession - which might come sooner than you think.