Monthly Market Commentary – May 2017
Welcome to the latest issue of our Monthly Market Commentary.
The May issue provides a market review up until 30 April on the following topics:
- Equity: Developed market equities post moderate gains;
- Credit: Credit spreads hardly move over the month;
- Nominal Yields: Nominal gilt curve remains unchanged;
- Inflation: UK CPI inflation stabilises at 2.3% and short-term expectations fall slightly;
- Real Yields: Real yield curve flattens;
- Comment: Equity risk - it all depends on the correlations.