Monthly Market Commentary – October 2016
Welcome to our Monthly Market Commentary.
The October issue provides a market review up until 30 September on the following topics:
- Equity: Equity markets slow down over September;
- Credit: Spreads narrow slightly over the month;
- Nominal Yields: Nominal yield curve steepens slightly to allow for higher expected inflation;
- Inflation: Inflation has picked up over the year but remains low on a historical basis;
- Real Yields: Real yield curve remains unchanged;
- Comment: The impact of inflation on your assets - do not fall for the money illusion.