Monthly Market Commentary – September 2016
Welcome to our Monthly Market Commentary.
The September issue provides a market review up until 31 August on the following topics:
- Equity: Equity expansion continues amid good economic data, led by emerging markets;
- Credit: Loose monetary environment boosts fixed income across the board;
- Nominal Yields: Bank of England surprises with more monetary easing than expected;
- Inflation: Inflation continues to accelerate but remains low on a historical basis;
- Real Yields: Real yield curve falls deeper into negative territory;
- Comment: Traditional asset classes - seven years of famine?