The impact of employee absence is significant in terms of the cost and impact on the performance of your School or Academy. It is important that all employees are treated fairly and consistently in line with your absence policy, and that they receive timely and appropriate support to return to work, however experience has shown us that there are often areas of absence management within any School or Academy which could be improved.
What will we do?
Review your current absence management arrangements and costs, and provide a detailed report of our findings and recommendations.
Areas covered by the Absence Management Review
- Your absence policy and reporting procedures
- Strategic joint work with your Occupational Health provider to identify improvements
- Return to work interview process concentrating on the consistency and the quality of the interviews and record keeping
- Knowledge and skills gap analysis for managers responsible for managing employee absence
- Absence trends, rates and costs over a defined period
- Management reporting arrangements to governing bodies and trusts
- Identification of absence hot spots, and case review management
How will an Absence Management Review benefit my school / academy?
- A clear focus on managing absence will help to reduce absence levels and the direct and indirect costs associated
- Concise and up to date policy and procedures for managing absence
- Clarity for employees and managers on their responsibilities for reporting, recording and managing absence
- Identification of training needs supported by a programme of manager development to ensure managers have the knowledge and skills to apply your policies
- Confidence in meeting the requirements of the Equalities Act by ensuring that managers are knowledgeable and confident to discuss reasonable adjustments and support for disabled workers thus reducing the opportunity for valid legal challenge
- Any employees experiencing health issues will be supported in an appropriate manner, ensuring an engaged workforce