- End to end processing of payroll via a dedicated schools team
- Complete pensions administration
- Payroll reports and online self-service
- Support and query management
- Third party payments and reports
- 'Ask HR' online portal and payroll system is available to all of our school, academy, trust and college customers, providing real-time, hassle free access for updates and queries
Payroll and HR Administration for schools
Education Sector – Payroll and HR Administration.
HR and payroll for schools
Capita’s dedicated education team provides payroll and HR administration services to schools, academies and multi academy trusts across the UK.
Capita’s cost-effective payroll and HR administration service delivers end-to-end processing of payroll via a dedicated schools team, plus we offer online payroll self-service.
We are proud to say we successfully pay a large proportion of teachers and support staff on a monthly basis. Our education team offers a comprehensive range of HR solutions tailored not only to the education market but in many cases the school or academy itself.
What's on offer
With more than 25 years of knowledge and experience, we have a compelling offer, made possible by our fantastic experts across the business.
A dedicated expert from our education team will provide support on all aspects of HR administration from recruitment to retirement.
- End to end processing of HR administration via a dedicated schools team
- Production and issue of all standard letters and contracts
- Advice on pay, terms and conditions for teaching and support staff
- Pre-recruitment checks including online DBS checks
- Tailored services for multi-academy trusts
As well as direct access to our education experts, our systems make administrations more efficient and effective for in-house teams. Our technology supports multi academy trusts: academies or the trusts can access information for an individual academy or across the trust.
DBS check service
- Capita provides an online DBS service using a state-of-the-art, online platform and is 100% paperless
- Our online disclosure service, known as e-Bulk, is quicker and simpler than the paper based service and provides you with cost savings
- It reduces processing times by 10-30 days versus paper application
We recognise the importance of access to your local HR team who have knowledge and understanding of your terms and conditions. So whilst we have a national presence across the UK, our local HR teams can respond effectively to your requests for support.
Value for money
We offer a comprehensive quality service at a competitive price. We offer a choice in the level of service you can purchase so that we can provide value for money. We understand the importance of a clear pricing structure to help you budget costs.
Your HR team will ensure that you are invited to an annual employment law update, and that you receive termly newsletters containing articles on hot topics.
Secure, accurate and easy to use
We make sure that our people are accessible by phone and email and our technology is easy to use. We understand the importance of data protection and information security, and our staff are trained in these areas.
HR advisory services
Choose your level of support
Remote HR advice and guidance
This provides unlimited remote access to a team of experienced HR advisors who will provide support and guidance by phone and email on all HR and employee relations matters.
If at any time you require onsite support, you can purchase a block of hours from your HR team.
Remote advice & on-site support
Remote HR advice and guidance with on-site support
This provides unlimited remote support, and an agreed number of hours for on-site support, throughout the year. The added benefit is that you will have a named HR advisor as your first point of contact, with the back-up of a wider HR team to support you when required.
- The level of on-site support is equivalent to 30 minutes per employee for the year
- If required you can purchase additional hours for on-site support from your HR team
Bespoke HR support
Bespoke HR support tailored to meet your specific needs
- Project support e.g. policy development, policy health checks, support on change management projects, absence reduction projects
- Bespoke HR advisory support, an HR advisor regularly on-site to work with your management teams and support your people management agenda
- Training and specialist consultancy e.g. developing managers in HR practices, coaching, mediation, and outplacement support